Signs of black mould after a flood in your home? Know the facts.
There is often unseen damage to your home after a flood. If it isn’t properly dried and the humidity removed, patches of black mould can begin to grow on walls or other surfaces. Black mould is a toxic contaminant that can cause serious health risks and costly structural damage to your home if not professionally eliminated by mould removal specialists.
Black mould gradually destroys whatever surfaces it grows on…and it can grow anywhere in the home. Mould spreads and reproduces by spores that can be carried by air or water to new locations and cause new growth. Toxic black mould can contaminate indoor air quality, causing a host of health issues including headaches, breathing difficulties, and allergic reactions.
Don’t risk your health by trying to remove black mould from your home yourself. Call a professional mould removal company right away to restore your home to a healthy environment and prevent further costly damage to the structure of your home.
Trust ServiceMaster Restore of Saint John for expert mould remediation services. It is always best to contact us following any incidence of water damage—before black mould has a chance to grow. However, if you do see mould or if you smell a musty odour in your home, we’re here to help. We have the resources to respond immediately, with the expertise and specialty equipment required to professionally remove the mould from your home and to help prevent mould growth from reoccurring.
With one call, we're at your side providing expert guidance on what to do and the resources along with the know-how to fix the problem fast. And throughout the process, we strive to minimize disruptions, answer all your questions, and guide you every step of the way.
ServiceMaster Restore of Saint John takes pride in Restoring Peace of Mind® by providing professional residential mould removal and water damage restoration services to homeowners. We work directly and collaboratively with our customers to provide outstanding results. We will guide you through the restoration process to your home, every step of the way. Day or night, we are available to take your call 24/7, every day of the year.
The experts at ServiceMaster Restore of Saint John work to get the job done right and stay by your side until you are satisfied with the results.
If black mould is growing in your home, call the mould removal professionals at ServiceMaster Restore of Saint John right away.
What makes mould grow?
- Any organic food source: cellulose in paper, wood, or drywall, natural fibres, even soil
- Moisture, even high humidity in the air
- Moderate temperature, especially between 20 - 30°C (68 - 86°F)
- Lack of ventilation or stagnant air